At the Chris Collins Basketball Camp, our focus is as much on the development of fundamental basketball skills as it is on general life skills that our campers can apply to life off the court.
Each day, our campers will learn about the importance of sportsmanship and team play from Coach Collins, his staff and other members of the Northwestern Basketball family. Through station work, coaches will focus on teaching such skills as ball handling, passing, shooting and defense. Campers will then have the opportunity to apply these lessons in game play, where they will be grouped by age and ability.
Each day will then conclude with a motivational talk from a member of the Northwestern Basketball staff. On Friday, the last day of camp, awards will be given to the daily contest winners and an overall contest champion will be crowned in front of the entire camp.
Camp will then conclude with one final team meeting with Coach Collins.
We look forward to having you join Coach Collins and the Northwestern Basketball family for a week of instruction, competition and fun this summer! Go Wildcats!
|8:30-9:15||Assembly in Welsh-Ryan Arena/Morning Lecture|
|9:15 - 9:30||Strength & Conditioning / Warm-up|
|9:30 – 10:45||Stations|
|10:45 – 11:15||Daily Contest|
|11:15 – 12:00||Lunch|
|12:00 – 2:30||Games|
|2:30 – 3:00||Lecture / Dismissal|
- Daily Team Meeting with Coach Collins
- Games coached by a member of the Northwestern Basketball family, including current and former players
- Emphasis on skill work such as ball handling, passing, shooting and defense
- Daily contest, such as free throw, three-point or knock-out
- Daily lecture from member of the Northwestern coaching staff
- Awards for contest winners, including overall camp champion
- Concession stand open daily
- Complimentary lunch Mon-Thursday (no lunch served on half-day Friday)
- Complimentary Coach Collins Basketball Camp t-shirt
- Welsh-Ryan Arena
- Trienens Performance Center
- Blomquist Recreation Center
- Henry Crown
- Outdoor Courts (On-Campus)
Refunds are only available prior to the start of camp for a $50 fee. Refunds are not available once a camper’s session begins.
Camp COVID policy is subject to NU, local and state guidelines at the time of camp. Information will be updated and communicated to all campers prior to camps starting
A certified trainer will be on site for taping and minor injuries. Advanced medical facilities are available at a local hospital just blocks away.
Once a camper registers, a confirmation email will be sent with an individual waiver form attached. This form MUST be completed and brought the first day of camp in order to participate.
Campers will not be able to participate in camp activities until this form is received.
Lunch is provided Monday-Thursday. On Friday (half-day), lunch is not provided.
Camp will conclude with an overall contest championship with awards starting at 11:30am on Friday and ending at 12:30pm in Welsh-Ryan Arena. Parents are invited to attend.